Wednesday, July 31, 2019


Compare and Contrast
Counting my blessings brought me back to how far I’d come.  I reminded myself that thirty years earlier I had been sitting alone on my bed in my tighty whiteys. No plans for the day except to convert beer into urine in my empty apartment. Hating myself for drinking my way out of school. Feeling overwhelmed at work, crushed by debt, and wondering what I’d fail at next.

I didn’t think hitting rock bottom was necessary to feel happy. I just thought the contrast enhanced the image. Comparing the past to the present made clear just how lucky I’d been.

Today I’ll remember losing makes having all the sweeter.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose
Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment