Monday, July 1, 2019


It’s Not Fair
“Cara is not in jail because life is unfair,” I said.  “Kim is right, you have to fix this now.”

“If I blew up a parking lot I’d get fired and go to jail forever,” Sam said.

“Getting engaged to someone you don’t want to marry isn’t fair to her.”   I saw the pained look in his eyes and softened my tone. “You and Pam have had some hard times and some history, but getting married isn’t going to balance the scales. Don’t make life even more unfair for her.”

We sat in silence for a moment while Sam pondered his predicament.

I said, “Some days I wish I could do more to make life fair. I admire people who fight corruption, or…”

I tried to think of another example, Sam finished my thought, “But most days the best I can do is not add to life’s unfairness.”

Today I won’t add to life’s unfairness.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose
Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment