Monday, July 22, 2019


Redundancy Law
Blondie texted me from China later the next day.  Her plane was arriving in Pittsburgh at midnight. She wouldn’t clear Customs until much later. She had a morning flight to Myrtle Beach.  I told her I’d stay with her between flights.

She sent me a heart emoji with the text, ‘Sweet, but I think I’m old enough to be in the airport by myself!”

 ‘Sorry,’ I texted, ‘but the Redundancy Law says I gotta be there.’   

She texted a question mark. I texted, ‘By law planes have redundant systems. If one system fails there’s a backup system and probably a backup to that.  I tell you I love you, so it’s redundant for me to meet you at the airport, but I’m doing it anyway just to be sure you know.  It’s the backup required by the Law.

Today I’ll obey Redundancy Law with people I love.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment