Thursday, July 11, 2019


Commonplace Miracles
As we were leaving, Roger told me he was running for school board. I told him I would do whatever I could to help.

When I got home, Brat Boy was reading an article on electronics and advances in circuitry.  I called them commonplace miracles.
 
“What’s a commonplace miracle?” Brat Boy asked.

“Miracles that are easy to overlook, like electronics we take for granted. Roger was a drug-dealing thug.  Now he’s a pillar of the community who may get elected to a school board.  Easy to overlook because AA and NA are full of stories like his.”

Brat Boy nodded. “Blondie is sitting in an armchair 35,000 feet off the ground traveling 550 mph and texting us while she watches a movie,”

“You miss her already,” I said.

“I do,” Brat Boy admitted. 

‘My kids are miracles,’ I thought.

Today I’ll be grateful for commonplace miracles.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment