Tuesday, July 9, 2019


Reward
“I read your blog. It’s supposed to be about recovery,” a woman I didn’t recognize said to me after an AA meeting.

“It is,” I said, not sure what she was getting at.

“What does Blondie going to China have to do with recovery?”

“I didn’t get sober to get sober. I got sober to get a life.  I write about that life, including my kids, because time with them is the greatest reward of my recovery.   Writing about them IS writing about recovery.”

“Well I think you should talk more about the steps and less about your kids.”

I thought, ‘I feel sorry for you,’ but I smiled and said, “Thanks for your feedback.”

Today I will remind myself of the rewards of recovery.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment