Monday, July 15, 2019


Gesture
‘BTW,’ the newcomer’s text read, ‘I had my clean date tattooed on my shoulder. Action speaks louder than words, but ink shouts it out forever!’ 

“Doesn’t know the difference between action and gesture,” I said to Brat Boy, showing him the text. “The tattoo is a gesture. Changing his lifestyle would be action.”

Brat Boy said, “It’s about the effort, right?  Holding the door open for an old person is a gesture.  It’s nice but it’s not taking an elderly neighbor shopping. That’s action.”

 I nodded, “Buying matching workout clothes – that’s a gesture.  Going to the gym five days a week in whatever, that’s action,” I said, patting myself on the back.

“I think you’re confusing ‘whatever’ with raggedy. Outdated, bottom of the donation box, worn-out…”

“OK, I get your point,” I said. "I don't dress well for the gym."

“Mismatched, shabby…”
  
Today I will remember action speaks louder than gestures.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment