Friday, July 12, 2019


Of Diamonds and Dogshit
Later, I was sitting next to Brat Boy on the couch. I got a text from an AA newcomer complaining he’d gone to a speaker meeting and hadn’t heard anything useful. I texted back, ‘If you knew there was a big diamond under a pile of dogshit, how many piles would you lift?’

Brat Boy read my text over my shoulder and laughed, “You love those horrible analogies.”

I said, “This guy wants every word he hears to be full of wisdom. Recovery doesn’t work that way.   You read things and you listen.  Some of it won’t seem important, but every now and then you find that diamond that changes the way you think, changes your life.”

Today I’ll keep looking for that diamond.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment