Monday, July 15, 2019


Calculated Risks
Billie showed up at the next Monday Knights meeting with her new boyfriend. 

“I’m ready to take a calculated risk,” she said when he went to get coffee.  “I figure I couldn’t possibly be as wrong about him as I was about my ex.  The odds are in my favor.”

Sam said, “That’s kind of what I’m doing, taking a calculated risk.” I shook my head.

“Billie’s giving up a safe but lonely life, hoping for a better relationship than she had with her husband.  Getting sober is a calculated risk. We give up our chemical, betting we’re going to get a better life. You’re giving up a social relationship you don’t like for a legally binding one.” 
  
“Well when you say it like that, of course it sounds bad.”

I shook my head and walked away.   

Today I will take calculated risks.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment