Monday, July 8, 2019


Brat Boy Interpreted
When I got home that night, Blondie was packing for a trip to China. She’d been selected to study economics for three weeks with another student and their advisor.

“Brat Boy is worried about me,” Blondie said.

“He told you that?” I asked.

Blondie laughed. “In Brat Boy language. He said being blond, I should stay close to the group, maybe tie a piece of string between me and the advisor. He wants me to text him when I get there so he knows I didn’t go to Chile instead of China. Said I could FaceTime him at night if I wanted to.”

I laughed. “He loves you.”

Blondie smiled. “I know.  It’s funny how he’ll say ‘I love you guys’ and we think that’s nice, but when he says it in Brat Boy language, it really sticks. He was telling me to be careful and let him know I made it OK, and I’m alright.”


Today I’ll find another way to say I love you.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment