Thursday, July 18, 2019


Time for a Laugh
The Youngstown Kid sat down to my right and began telling me for no apparent reason how he could convince any atheist God did exist.  Some might insist they still didn’t believe, but The Kid knew they couldn’t admit he’d changed their minds. “I may start a church,” he said.

Cara sat down on my left. Apparently unaware somebody was already talking to me, Cara complained about being sued by the people in the building next to the parking lot she’d blown up. She thought they should stop whining about their safety and their windows.

Sue looked at me from across the table and laughed. She texted me an eye-rolling emoji.  I texted back a series of laughing emoji.  Neither Cara nor The Youngstown Kid stopped talking as I typed on my phone.

Sue laughed out loud. She called up the stopwatch app on her phone and showed it to me.  We both laughed as she timed how long the two of them would go on.  Instead of being annoyed, I began to enjoy the conversations.

Today I’ll be grateful for people who make me laugh.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment