Monday, June 1, 2020


A Sunny Monday
The next day was a sunny Monday. Because of the pandemic, people had canceled my training dates left and right. My June calendar was filled with crossed-out events that looked like tiny bomb craters on my schedule.

About half the people who had canceled had asked me to reserve a date in the fall. It occurred to me that by the end of the year I’d be providing trainings at an exhausting pace.  Or, a second wave of the virus would hit and my schedule would collapse.

I had started turning my face-to-face trainings into webinars, but I much preferred the give and take of a live audiences. My mood started to slide downhill.

Staring out my office window, I decided not to waste a sunny day that was, over a darker future that might be. I got another cup of coffee, stole a peanut butter cup from Daniel-Son’s office, and hoped Ryan wouldn’t mind explaining to me for the umpteenth time how to make the webinar work.

I remembered a slogan I’d heard a long time ago.

Today I won’t borrow sorrow from tomorrow.

Summer with the Slug Rats © 2020 by Ken Montrose
Summer with the Slug Rats is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment