Thursday, June 18, 2020


Invested
I said to Dr. Deb, “The better you spend your coin one day, the more options you have the next.
If I’d spent yesterday drinking, I would have had to spend my coin very differently today.”

“How so?” Dr. Deb asked.

“Instead of sitting here, I’d be in rehab, not to work but to get sober. I’d be looking for a new career. You can’t work in a rehab if you’re an active alcoholic.”

“Glad you didn’t drink,” she said squeezing my hand.

“Instead of apologizing, I get to laugh with my kids. Instead of trying to dig myself out of your doghouse, I get to watch the sunset with you.  Spending my coin wisely yesterday set me up to spend it wisely today.”

“You didn’t just spend it, you invested.”
Today I will invest in tomorrow.

Summer with the Slug Rats © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Summer with the Slug Rats is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment