Friday, June 26, 2020


Good and Tired
When I got home I saw rain in the forecast for the next three days. I was already worn out from my bike ride, but I cut the grass anyway, my legs complaining each step of the way.
I was dog tired when I finished, but it was a good kind of tired. I thought of other good ones, and not so good ones. 
Good ones included:
  •         The kids/grandkids are finally asleep. (I remembered being tired when mine were little and I was much younger, wondered how I’d keep up with grandchildren all day.)
  •          Picked up extra work to buy something special tired.
  •          Exercise tired.

·         Got caught up at work/school/home projects tired.
I remembered some not so good kinds of tired:
·          Tired of fighting with someone tired.
·         Tired of making excuses tired.
·         Hungover tired because alcohol makes you sleepy, but the sleep isn’t deep.
·         Sick and tired of being sick and tired because the hole you’ve dug is deep.


I went to sleep thinking I’d find a way to end tomorrow the good kind of tired.

I will end today the good kind of tired.

Summer with the Slug Rats © 2020 by Ken Montrose
Summer with the Slug Rats is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment