Monday, December 28, 2020

 

Fawlty Showers


Does This Make You Uncomfortable?

My office was warm and quiet. My eyelids seemed to be taking on weight. A cup of coffee later, I still  felt sleep stalking me.  I opened a window.


In ten minutes my office was a chilly 60 degrees. Not so cold I shivered, but uncomfortable.  I had another cup of coffee and started to write.


“Sometimes,” I said to M.A., “you gotta be a little uncomfortable to get things done. You want to lose a little weight?  You gotta be a little hungry.  You want a sober life? You gotta get through those early days of restlessness and cravings.”


M.A. nodded his tiny head in agreement, or at least I thought he did.


“Because,” I continued, “waiting on the other side is something that feels ten times better than whatever you had to endure.”


Today I’ll accept being a little uncomfortable.


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

www.greenbriartraining.com 

https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment