Wednesday, December 23, 2020


 Fawlty Showers


The Gentle Slope of the Wrong Path

The next day I started working on my workbook. I needed a little information on brain chemistry. I started to type hippocampus, but stopped at hippo, just out of curiosity.


I wasted more than an hour reading about hippos, crocodiles, and African rivers.


 “Down the wrong path again,” I said to my laptop. “People talk about a slippery slope. I don’t think it’s all that slippery. You’d notice yourself slipping.  I think the wrong path is more of a gentle downhill grade. You hardly notice you’re going down.”


My laptop didn’t say anything.


“A glass of wine with dinner, a harmless flirtation, a single scratch-off ticket – whatever your weakness is, the wrong path often starts on nearly level ground but leads you lower.


“Being easily distracted is my ‘wrong path’,” I said. “But this is partially your fault.”

 


Today I’ll beware of the gentle downhill slope of the wrong path.

 

 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

www.greenbriartraining.com 

https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment