Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Fawlty Showers

Habit

Dana arrived, a box of donuts in hand.


“You don’t have to do this every day,” I said, mulling over my selection. “But, thanks.”


Dana said, “When I start something new, I try to pick a good habit. Come hell or high water I stick to that habit.”


“So getting donuts was the habit you picked up when you started this internship.” She nodded.


“Do you know what I do at lunch?” Dana asked.


“Poison pigeons in the park? Steal blankets from homeless people? Tell small children there’s no Santa?”


“I text my husband and kids a heart and a little note.”


After she left I wondered if there wasn’t a good habit I could start.


Today I will start a new good habit.

 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

www.greenbriartraining.com 

https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/



 

No comments:

Post a Comment