Wednesday, December 16, 2020

 



Fawlty Showers


Misstakes

That night Dr. Deb watched a movie while I read a book.


“Yes!” I said. “The author used ‘illicit’ when she meant ‘elicit.’” 


“And that makes you happy?” Dr. Deb asked me, laughing. “You’re getting stranger every year.”


“I can’t tell you how often I find a mistake after I’ve posted something.  It’s usually something I’ve gone over two or three times. Drives me up the wall.”


“And?”


“Her novel was published by one of the big New York firms. It was probably proofread half a dozen times. It’s good to know I’m not the only one who makes those mistakes.”


“The best you can do is try not to repeat your mistakes,” Dr. Deb said.  “Speaking of which, that tie you wore today…”


Today I’ll accept making mistakes, trying not to repeat them.

 


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

www.greenbriartraining.com 

https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment