Thursday, December 17, 2020

 

Fawlty Showers


“I Can’t Get No…”

I woke up the next day to eight inches of new snow. Whatever desire I had to be an adult that day drained from my body.


Someone needed to shovel the snow. Abigail and Randy were in court that day.  They were relying on me to generally hold down the fort. I’d promised Dr. Deb I’d unclog a slow drain.


“Or,” I said to the dog, “I could call in sick, read my book, and later watch a football game between teams with more than one direction in their name.   The Northeast Idaho State Wiley Weasels versus the Southwest Louisiana Marauding Mugwamps.”


I got dressed, shoveled the snow, went to work, and later unclogged the drain. Instead of feeling guilty and lazy, I felt satisfied I’d met my responsibilities.


Today I’ll find the satisfaction in meeting my responsibilities.


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

www.greenbriartraining.com 

https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment