Tuesday, December 8, 2020


 Fawlty Showers


Treat

When noon rolled around,  I had a hundred reasons to work through lunch.


I had to finish the workbook.


I had to find out what was happening with the agency.  


I had to figure out my next move.


I had frozen meatballs and a jar of store-brand spaghetti sauce waiting for me in the kitchen.


“Sometimes, you just gotta treat yourself,” I said to M.A. and Cuddles. “To make good times more memorable, and bad times tolerable.”


I called Dr. Deb. “Lunch ?”


“Sounds great!” she said.


I smiled as she told me about her day. In 2025 we had been together 36 years, married for 34.  Lunch with her was still a treat.


Today I’ll treat myself.

 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

www.greenbriartraining.com 

https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment