Tuesday, December 29, 2020

 

Fawlty Showers


Sustain

Cuddles the cat walked past my door and meowed. M.A. scurried after him. In ten minutes they returned.


M.A. disappeared under my desk. I heard a scratching noise and opened the top drawer. M.A.’s tiny head popped out.  I noticed he’d gathered five or six Gummi Bears into a pile next to my pens.


“Saving for a rainy day?” I asked the well-fed, bordering on chubby, ferret.


M.A.’s brain was literally the size of a pea.  Yet he knew to gather, polish, and/or hoard whatever sustains you. Faith, habit, self-discipline, friends, the skills to be self-reliant; it payed to develop them whenever you could.


If the pandemic of ’20-’21 had taught us anything, it was life could be full of surprises, not all of them good. Best to be prepared just in case.


Today I will gather, polish, and/or hoard whatever sustains me.


 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

www.greenbriartraining.com 

https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment