Tuesday, December 15, 2020


 Fawlty Showers

Later Gator

“You know what I enjoy?” the man asked. “One beer with the ballgame. That’s all I want.”

“Maybe that’s what you want at first,” I said, “But that’s not what you want after the first one. You always want more.”  

Marti, who’d hadn’t known POS on a drug screen meant ‘positive’, shook her head.

“I wanted to see my old boyfriend just one last time,” Marti said. “We had a cup of coffee. Then I wanted to spend one more afternoon with him. Then…”

“Is there a point to this story?” the man asked, interrupting.

“Now we’re married and I want nothing more than to be rid of his sorry ass,” Marti said.

“What we want at first often leads to something we don’t want at all later,” I said. “Beware the Later Gator, it will eat you alive.”

Today I’ll beware of what I’ll want later.

 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

www.greenbriartraining.com 

https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment