Friday, December 4, 2020

 

Fawlty Showers

Twists and Turns

“I kinda wish someone had told me this before I was hired,” I said to Katy.

“The case was all but settled,” Katy said. “The aunt wasn’t going to get much. Then the judge died, and the whole situation changed overnight.”

I wanted to be angry, but Randy couldn’t have anticipated a judge dying. I shrugged and said, “What are you gonna do?”

The old me might have gotten drunk. Instead, I sat in my office thinking how life takes unexpected turns. You find a lump. You inherit money. There’s an accident. You meet that special someone. You discover why that special someone is still single. The economy booms. The economy crashes. OMG You’re Pregnant!!! OMG, you’re pregnant…

“Gotta accept life is full of twists and turns,” I said to my laptop.

Today I will accept life is going to be full of twists and turns.

 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

www.greenbriartraining.com 

https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment