Friday, December 11, 2020

Fawlty Showers

Inspiration

Dr. Deb’s organizational skills were legendary. As she told me about the projects she was overseeing, I realized just how much I admired her.

When I first got sober, stories people told of hard times they’d gotten through without relapsing amazed me.

When I was in my late forties, I was playing basketball in a church league.  “I hope I’m still playing when I’m his age,” a twentysomething said, looking in my direction. Likely it was the only time I ever inspired anyone on a basketball court.  

I said, “You gotta take care of your body.” I thought, ‘I hope tomorrow I can bend over far enough to put my socks on without my back locking up.’


Today I’ll be grateful for people who inspire me, hoping to inspire someone else.

 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

www.greenbriartraining.com 

https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment