Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Fawlty Showers 2


Admitted

“The second word in the first step is admitted,” I said. “I tell people admitting without committing is just shitting yourself.”  Silence. “C’mon, it rhymes!” Eye rolls.

“Okay,” I continued. “Saying you have a problem is technically admitting, but to show you accept your situation you have to commit to change. Examples?”

“You admit you’re an alcoholic and get all the booze out of your house,” a guy named Roger said shaking his head. “Oh, the top-shelf stuff my wife poured down the drain.  I could cry.”


“You admit it’s time to commit. So you sell your motorcycles, put a down payment on a house, propose, and go to rehab when you find out your girlfriend is pregnant,” a young man said.


“You admit you need more exercise,” a thirty-something woman said. “So you adopt a big dog that will shred your couch if he isn’t walked three times a day.”

 

Today I will admit I need to change by committing to that change.

 

Fawlty Showers II is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•             www.greenbriartraining.com 

•             https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

             https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


 

No comments:

Post a Comment