Tuesday, June 15, 2021


 Fawlty Showers


Influence

Semi-Colin let MA into the backyard when they buried Cuddles.  The next day they found a small pile of Gummi Bears on the grave. MA had sneaked out during the night, braving stray cats, foxes, and other creatures, to honor his friend.


Semi-Colin and Dash wrote a picture book “The Brave Little Ferret.” They sold it online and donated the money to the animal shelter. 


Our influence outlives us, and ripples through time.  Cuddles’ bond with MA had emboldened him, in turn inspiring Semi-Colin and Dash.


As Fathers’ Day approached that year, I smiled thinking of the ways my father’s kind soul had left its mark on my children. My heart sank remembering a friend who’d never learned to trust men because of her father’s deceitful ways.


I reminded myself that my influence was likely to last long after I was gone.


Today I will try to be a good influence.


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•             www.greenbriartraining.com 

•             https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

•             https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment