Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Fawlty Showers


It’s Never Too Late

Dana finished her degree. Randy hired her the next day.


“I thought I was a little old to be starting a new career,” Dana said. “I’m glad now I made the switch.”


“You were what, fifty-five, fifty-six, when you started your internship?” I suggested.


Dana punched me and said, “I was forty-two!”


Katy said, “My brother joined the military thinking that was going to be his lifelong career.  He got out in twenty and opened a restaurant. He loves it.”


“My uncle lost his wife when he was forty, remarried at eighty, and died at ninety,” Randy said.  “Claimed the last ten years of his life were the happiest.”


“Aww, that’s so sweet,” Dana said.


Katy put her hand over her heart and smiled. “Touching.”


“Well, he was really rich and  his second wife was 18 when they met,” Randy said. “We don’t know that she poisoned him, but...”


I laughed until coffee came out of my nose.  “Seriously though, you see people all the time getting sober later in life,” I said. “Never met one who regretted it.”

 

Today is not too late to make a change.

 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•             www.greenbriartraining.com 

•             https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

•             https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment