Thursday, June 17, 2021


 Fawlty Showers


Too Soon?

On my last day of work a young man knocked on my door. He was thinking of leaving the rehab.


“You’re here,” I said. “You’ve taken the first step. Why would you want to go back?”


“I don’t know,” he said, “is it too soon? I’m only twenty.”


“Tell me why you came here.”


His life was a mess. His parents were raising his four-year-old son. The child’s mother had died of an overdose. He’d spent two years in the college dorms running up his student loans and selling drugs. His attorney was trying to plea down to a misdemeanor, but he was likely to end up convicted of a felony.


“It’s never too soon,” I said.  “It’s not so much change gets harder later on, it’s just there’s more of mess to clean up, less time to enjoy having your house in order.”

 

Today is not too soon to make a change.

 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

             www.greenbriartraining.com 

             https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

             https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment