Monday, June 28, 2021

Fawlty Showers 2


Granted

When I got home, Dr. Deb was in the kitchen, making her lunch for the next day. I hugged her tight, holding her a long moment, and then another.


“Sad meeting?” she asked.


“Not really,” I said.


“Feeling guilty about something?”


“Wouldn’t admit it if I was.”


Dr. Deb said, “Weasel. Are you just letting me know you love me?”


I shrugged. “Eh, maybe, I guess you’re alright.”


She poked me in the chest with two fingers. I laughed.


“I wanted to let you know I never take you for granted,” I said. She hugged me. “Thought I’d tell you when times were good. I didn’t want you to think I was just saying it because I needed something.”


“Like my forgiveness for whatever you’re feeling guilty about?” she said, pretending to be suspicious.


I snorted and smiled. “You got me. The body’s buried in back. I need you to tell the police I was with you all night.”


Today I make sure someone knows I don’t take them for granted.

 

Fawlty Showers II is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.



Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•             www.greenbriartraining.com 

•             https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

•             https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment