Monday, June 7, 2021


Fawlty Showers

 

Epiphany Chaser

I ran into Tiffany at the gym.  I called her Epiphany. She was always looking for that ‘a ha’ moment where she’d understand why she drank and learn to control it.


Epiphany sat down next to me on the stationary bikes.  I took out my ear buds. She told me what her therapists had said.


“You’d be better off seeing one professional at a time,” I suggested.


She shook her head. “I got a hypnotist too,” she said, “to look for forgotten trauma in my past.”


Epiphany took a sip of water and added, “The astrologer says we Leos are drawn to the restless spirits of life’s vineyards. Whaddya think?” You like wine and whiny men, I thought.


“You know what I think.  It’s obvious you have a serious drinking problem. Whatever the reason for it, you are slipping into the middle stages of addiction. If you don’t accept the obvious, you’re going to trip over it, maybe get hurt in the fall.”


I put my earbuds back in, but I couldn’t help but remember the times I’d tripped over the obvious.

 

Today I’ll try to accept reality and not to trip over the obvious.


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

             www.greenbriartraining.com 

             https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

             https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment