Thursday, June 24, 2021

Fawlty Showers
 
Stanley

“How’s that hot wife of yours?” Stanley asked.  “She ever ask about me?”


I laughed. “Never.  Not once. I think you’re in her ‘met you, forget you’ file.”


“Well, does she smile when she sees you?” 


“Sure, why?”


“Then she’s probably seeing you, but fantasizing that it’s me.”


“A 90 year old toothpick in a velour track suit right out of the 70s. You’re every woman’s dream,” I said, smiling. Stanley laughed.


He paused for a moment, then in a serious tone asked, “How you two doin’? You taking care of yourselves? You’re not my age, but you aren’t getting any younger.”


For all his bluster and sarcasm, Stanley was one of those people looking out for other people.  We need more Stanleys, I thought.

 

Today I’ll be grateful for people looking out for other people.

 

Fawlty Showers II is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•             www.greenbriartraining.com 

•             https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

•             https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment