Tuesday, June 29, 2021

 

Fawlty Showers 2


The Specific Ocean

“Anything special going on tomorrow?” Dr. Deb asked, a lilt to her voice.

I said, “Brat Boy’s coming over to watch the NBA playoffs.” Brat Boy was coming over, but to help us celebrate. Blondie was making dinner. “Oh, and I think it might be our anniversary.”


“Still love me after all these years?”


I was going to say ‘I love you’ and leave it at that, but instead I decided to be specific.


I said, “You met me at my worst and still found a reason to love me.  You loved my parents, and made them feel special every time they came here.  There’s so much I admire about you. Our children couldn’t have asked for a better mother. I love your sense of humor. I love your company, I’m so glad you’re a homebody like me.”


The list went on.  When I was done, Dr. Deb asked, “Is that all?” wiping a tear away.


“Well I didn’t want to seem shallow, but it doesn’t hurt that you’re smokin’ hot.”


She laughed, “It’s okay to be a little shallow.”


Today I’ll be specific when I tell someone I love them.

 

Fawlty Showers II is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•             www.greenbriartraining.com 

•             https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

•             https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment