Thursday, June 3, 2021


 Fawlty Showers


Out of Sight…

Just then Cuddles showed up, a semi-dead mouse in his mouth. He dropped it at Dana’s feet. The mouse dragged itself away, hiding under the vending machine as Dana, Cuddles, and I watched.


“We really should do something about that mouse,” Dana said. “It might die under there. The whole break room will smell.”


“Good point,” I said. Neither of us moved. Cuddles strolled away, no doubt pleased with himself.


“Stupid cat.”


We finished our lunches. The mouse was out of sight, but likely dying under the vending machine.


“Sometimes the elephant isn’t in the room, he’s hiding in the basement,” I said.


Dana knew what I meant, “It’s easy to ignore hidden problems until something dies, like a business or a relationship. My father literally drank in the basement. My mother ignored it until he died of liver failure.”


I sighed. “Let’s get the mouse.”


“Stupid cat,” Dana said again.

 

Today I won’t ignore the hidden problems.

 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment