Tuesday, June 8, 2021


Fawlty Showers

 

Only Human

The county evaluator got fired. Apparently making us get rid of the animals was the tip of the iceberg.


Katy told me the news with a big smile on her face.


“We shouldn’t be happy about this,” she said.


“We should not,” I agreed, as I fought to hide my smirk. “She has issues.  She might have trouble finding another job.”


I spent the afternoon happy, but shoulding on myself.


‘I shouldn’t be this glad,’ my conscience said.


‘I hope the only job she can find is poop girl at the local animal shelter,’ the rest of my mind answered.


I finally decided to stop shoulding on myself. I was only human, sometimes giving into pettiness, resentment, and all the other flaws that came from living with other imperfect people.


“I hope she learns from this,” I said to myself. It was the only kind thing I could think of at the time.

 

Today I will accept I’m only human.

 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

             www.greenbriartraining.com 

             https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

             https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment