Thursday, February 10, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

Geraniums and Resentments

The next day Abigail stopped by my office to give me a potted flower.


“It’s a geranium,” Abigail said, reading the puzzled look on my face. “I bought fifteen to put around my aunt’s tombstone.”


Memory clicked in. “She hated geraniums,” I said. “You were going to cover her grave with them.”


“I still hate her,” Abigail said, “but I’m trying to let go of my resentment. Not planting these flowers feels like giving up a little piece of it.”


After Abigail left, I wondered if it wasn’t time for me to chip away at some of the resentments I’d held onto over the years.


 

Today I’ll let go of a little piece of resentment.


 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                    www.greenbriartraining.com  

                    https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment