Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Too Much

Epiphany left and I was alone in the steam room.  I soaked in the quiet and the warmth, my eyes closed and my mind clear. 


“Oh, how I needed this,” I said to the wall.


Time passed. I stood to leave and sat back down immediately, my head swimming. I thought I was going to pass out, maybe die.


“Great,” I said. “They’ll find me tomorrow morning, all the fluids sweated out me, laying on the steam room floor like a giant slice of pasty jerky.”


Without standing up, I slid across the bench until I was sitting next to the door. I opened the door and let the cool air revive me.


Feeling shaky, I stood up and stepped outside the steam room, steadying myself on a railing.  The clock on the wall said I’d been in the steam room much longer than was healthy.


“Too much of a anything,” I muttered to myself, “is never good for you. Too much food, too much exercise, too much work, can bite you.”


 

Today I’ll avoid too much of anything.

 


Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                    www.greenbriartraining.com  

                    https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible


No comments:

Post a Comment