Friday, February 11, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

Running on Empty

I worked out at the gym that night. Afterward I hit the steam room, looking forward to ten or so quiet minutes to myself.


Epiphany Chaser walked in. I cringed, waiting for her to fill the room with babble. She said nothing but ‘Hi’ for about five minutes.


“I got rid of it all,” Epiphany said finally. “The wine, a little bit of coke, all the junk food, both my boyfriends.”


 “Must have been difficult.”


“I even got a new phone number.”


“How are you feeling?” I asked.


“Have you ever felt relieved after you threw up? Weak and shaky, empty inside, but glad you got it over with?”


I nodded.


“I want something better, but right now I don’t have much. I guess you have to feel a little empty at first to get to a fuller life.”

 

“Today I’ll accept feeling a little empty if it leads to a fuller life.”

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment