Monday, February 28, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

Killer

I went to an AA meeting that night and took a seat at a long table beside Talmadge and across from Margaret the Newbie. Epiphany chaser sat down next to Margaret.


“I hate you and you,” she said pointing to Talmadge and me.


Margaret, thinking she knew what Epiphany was getting at, said, “Yup, you gotta hate men.”


“I hate you too,” Epiphany said.   


We all laughed. Talmadge asked why she hated us.


“Because I’m serious this time,” Epiphany answered. “Because it’s gonna be hard. Because I know if you guys can do it, I can too.”


“Because we killed your excuses,” I said.


“Because you killed my #$%@%^ excuses,” Epiphany said, punching my shoulder.

 

Today I’ll be grateful for people who’ve killed my excuses.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                    www.greenbriartraining.com  

                    https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible
 

No comments:

Post a Comment