Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 Personally

I pulled into a long line at the car wash.  A Mercedes pulled up behind me. It looked like it had already been washed, probably by servants wearing velvet gloves.


The driver got out of his car and walked up to my window.


“You’re not getting the deluxe wash are you?” he demanded to know. “I have an important meeting, so do me a favor pal, and get the quick wash.”


When he knocked on the window of a Toyota two cars ahead, a young woman held up a can of pepper spray. Her friend began recording on her cell phone.  I tried not to smile.


Mercedes man stomped back to his car, leaned against the side, and began making phone calls. I heard his end of the conversation.


A storm in the Gulf of Mexico had canceled someone’s flight.  Apparently that #$%^@# was supposed to walk her lazy #$#%@ ass to Pittsburgh if she had to.  


That same storm had knocked out power to a factory in Texas.  Mercedes Man asked if those #$%@%@ cowboy  #$%@% had  ever heard of generators? He tossed his phone onto the passenger seat in disgust.


“Why does the &(@$+%  world hate me?” He yelled at the sky.  I had some thoughts on the matter, but decided not to share.


“His problem,” I said to the steering wheel, “is both ego and self-pity. He thinks the world revolves around his plans, and he’s hurt, angry, and offended when life gets in his way.”


“None of it’s personal,” I added. “Things happen. Taking it personally only adds to your misery. Best you can do is the just do the best you can do.”


I thought I heard the car sigh at that cliché, but may have been the engine cooling.

 

Today I won’t take life so personally.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                    www.greenbriartraining.com  

                    https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible


No comments:

Post a Comment