Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Promises, Promises

Three weeks later Don, AKA Breaker, successfully completed inpatient rehab.  A week after that a package arrived addressed to Katy.


Katy showed me the package. “He said baby Kara deserved a better world.  I didn’t realize how serious he was.”


In the package was a baby-size Harley-Davidson t-shirt and a tiny leather vest.  A note, written in large block letters read “A better world, I promise.”


I wasn’t sure what Don was going to do, but I knew I needed to follow his example.


“I promise to do something to make the world a little better today,” I said to DipshitDumbass the bunny when I got back to my office.

 


Today I’ll keep a promise to make the world a better place.


 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                    www.greenbriartraining.com  

                    https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment