Thursday, February 24, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Beasts of Burden

And that’s when the power went out.


I could see the man in the Mercedes yelling into his phone. We both had our windows rolled up, but I could hear him.


He got out of his car and paced around the parking lot.


His phone rang. He looked at the screen, then threw his phone to the ground and stomped on it.  He looked at his watch and apparently thought it was in league with his phone. Soon the watch laid next to the phone, crushed under the man’s foot.


I couldn’t help but laugh. I could see the women two cars ahead of me turn to watch him. One of them was laughing too.  It’s not every day you see an adult temper tantrum.


The Man got back in his car and pulled out of the line.


I saw he was crying.


He was a jackass, no doubt about it. But, jackasses carry burdens and I had no idea how heavy his might be.

 

Today I’ll remind myself I don’t know what burden someone carries.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                    www.greenbriartraining.com  

                    https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible


No comments:

Post a Comment