Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

Salt vs. Mud

“I’m getting my car washed,” I said after dinner, grabbing my keys.


“It’s going to rain,” Dr. Deb pointed out.


“I know, but I want to get the salt off. If it gets a little muddy tomorrow, I don’t mind.”


“Because salt is corrosive and mud isn’t?”


“Yep! The car’s dirty either way, but one eats at it and the other doesn’t.”


Dr. Deb asked, “Thinking about using salt and mud in tomorrow’s blog?”


I nodded. “The salt is anything that corrodes your life a little at a time.  The car still runs, but the salt gets into everything, shortening the car’s life.”


“Mud is just day-to-day life. Normal might not be the right word, but it seems to fit.”


“And denial kicks in when someone thinks there’s no difference between salt and mud. It’s like someone in an abusive relationship saying it’s no big deal, all couples argue.”


“Here’s another example you could use at the rehab,” she said. “Salt is drinking every day after work and thinking it’s the same as the mud of having a drink with your co-workers now and then.”


On my way to the car wash I came up with a long list of salt/mud comparisons.

 

Today I won’t confuse salt and mud.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                    www.greenbriartraining.com  

                    https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

 


No comments:

Post a Comment