Thursday, February 17, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Down the Drain

After I showered, I shook my head thinking about why I’d stayed in the steam room so long.

“Beware of comfortable places that drain you,” I said to myself.


Maybe because I was so drained, my thoughts turned darker.  I pondered places where people sunk in, not unhappy, maybe a little numb from the routine, as days went by and opportunities got lost.


People settled into jobs they didn’t hate, but weren’t very rewarding.


People settled into relationships that felt safe, but never got any deeper.


People settled into nightly bottles of wine, never getting into trouble because of their drinking, but missing out on the rest of what life had to offer.


“Beware of comfortable places that drain you,” I said again.

 

Today I’ll beware of comfortable places that might drain me.

 

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                    www.greenbriartraining.com  

                    https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible


No comments:

Post a Comment