Monday, October 17, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 Own It

“I don’t know what I’m going to do,” Margaret the Newbie said.

I said, “I guess whatever the lawyer recommends.”

There was a long silence at her end. “I was at fault. I know that, but I don’t want to go to jail.”

“Very few people do.”

“I really don’t, and my lawyer thinks he may have a way for me to walk.”

It was my turn to be silent.  Finally, I said, “How will you own your mistake?”

“What do you mean, ‘own it’?”

“Take responsibility. Make amends. Do something that shows your remorse.”

Margaret didn’t say anything.

I thought of an example.  “I knew a guy who embezzled money.  He stayed out of jail on a technicality, but he owned his mistake by paying back what he stole.”

“I don’t know what I could do. I just know I’m not going to jail if I can avoid it.”

 

 “Think about it. Owning your mistake will serve you better in the long run.”

 

Today I will own my mistakes.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment