Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Beware the Horrible Toblin

When I got back from my meeting, my neighbor was in my yard.  She asked me what I was going to be for Halloween.

I thought for a moment. Sober, clear-headed, at peace with the world? Awash in gratitude?

I wasn’t quite sure a six-year-old would understand what awash in anything meant.  

“I’m going to be a Toblin,” I said.

“What’s a Toblin?” she asked.

“A tall goblin that buries little girls in the leaf pile and steals their Halloween candy.” I looked over at the leaf pile. “Hey there’s some leaves, and you’re a little girl…”

She ran away shrieking and laughing as I chased her into her own yard. 

“Toblins are sooo slow,” she said, laughing even harder.

“Yes, but we’re sneaky.  Just you wait for Halloween.”  

As I walked into my house, I thought how lucky I was to be clear-headed. I knew a lot of people too consumed with anger, disappointment, envy, addiction, and the like to be grateful.

 

Today I’ll be grateful I’m clear-headed enough to be grateful.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible


No comments:

Post a Comment