Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

The Upside of Powerlessness

“Where’s Margaret?” I asked Epiphany Chaser.

“You didn’t hear?” she asked. “She relapsed. Missed several days of school. Got placed on administrative leave.”

“Dammit,” I muttered. “When will she learn?”

“No sense getting mad. You and I both know we’re powerless over what other people do.”

“Sucks being powerless,” I said.

Epiphany shrugged. “If someone becomes a true friend, maybe even loves you, you know it was by choice. That’s the upside of powerlessness.”

I smiled. “I guess powerlessness has its advantages.”

 

Today I’ll be grateful I’m powerless over what people do, including loving me.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible
 

No comments:

Post a Comment