Monday, October 24, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Track Meet

I went to my homegroup that weekend. Before the meeting started, a newcomer tearfully told a group of us how she had struggled to stay sober the night before.

“I was a hurdler in college,” a tall, very thin, young man said to her. “You know what I learned?”

She shrugged.

“Don’t look back at the hurdle, no matter how you got past it, during the race.  If you fly over it, or you knock it down, keep moving.”

I nodded in agreement. “I’ve been sober a long time, but early on, I barely cleared the hurdles.”

“But you didn’t look back, you kept moving,” the young man said, finishing my thought.

“I kept moving,” I said. “Sometimes a little shaky, off-balance, banged up, but moving forward.”

 

Today I won’t look back at hurdles I’ve cleared.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment