Thursday, October 13, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

What Dads Do

“So how are you going to do it?” Epiphany asked as we left the meeting. “Talmadge is in Florida.”

“Do what?” I asked.

“Pretend you’re just standing around talking to Talmadge, while you’re really watching to see that I get to my car OK, in the safest neighborhood in Pittsburgh.”

“Was I that obvious?” I asked, knowing the answer.

Epiphany punched me. “You two looked like you were on guard duty, scouting the neighborhood for enemy soldiers.”

“Sorry, force of habit. I was just doing what dads do, even though you’re not my child.”

She smiled. “OK, it’s still annoying, but it’s also a kind of a nice way to show you care.”

As she walked away she turned and looked over her shoulder.

I pretended to talk into my watch, like I was Secret Service, “This is the Coachman. The Evil Stepsister has left the ball. I repeat the Evil Stepsister has left the ball.”

She made a rude gesture and we both laughed.


Today I’ll find a new way to show someone I care.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment