Monday, October 31, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

Second Chances

Margaret the Newbie called me from jail while I was at the conference. She complained bitterly that the court system owed her a second chance.

“They don’t owe you anything,” I said.  “We are not guaranteed second chances.”

“I don’t belong here,” she wailed.

“You showed up drunk at a school, fought with the principal, and tried to kick a cop.”

She went back to insisting she deserved a second chance, before hanging up on me.

I thought of painful conversations I’d had with people who realized too late you don’t always get a second chance.

You don’t get a second chance to raise your kids.  Sometimes the marriage can’t be saved. You can’t say the things you wanted to say to lost loved ones before they passed away.

 

Today I know second chances are not guaranteed.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment