Friday, October 28, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2


FAWLTY SHOWERS 2

 

The next day I was scheduled to speak at a three-day conference. The timing couldn't have been worse. Work had stacked up on my desk.  I had two trainings the next week I wanted to revise. 

On the drive to the conference I saw a sign for a flea market, pie by the slice, and fresh cider.

"Can't do this," I said to myself. "Don't have time."

The car had other ideas. I pulled up, bought a slice of pie and a glass of cider. I joked about football with a guy in an Eagles jersey and bought a slightly chipped ceramic frog for my pond.

When I got to the conference I realized I wasn't half as worried as I had been before I stopped. 

"It's all about taking a moment for yourself," I said to the car.  It could have been my imagination, but I thought I felt the car shudder a bit, as if to say, 'stopping was my idea.'

 

Today I'll take a moment for myself. 

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment