Thursday, October 27, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

“But I Was Drunk”

Each of the treadmills at the gym had its own little built-in TV.  I turned on the local news, hoping I hadn’t missed the sports.

The anchorman said, “And now a bizarre story of an ex-teacher being arrested at a local high school.”

 There was Margaret the Newbie, dressed like she still worked there, trying to kick a cop in heels. (Margaret was wearing heels, not the cop.)

I knew Margaret well enough to know she’d be horrified by her own behavior. I also knew she’d blame it on being drunk.

“You knew when you took the first drink you might do things you wouldn’t do sober,” I said to the screen. “If you start down a dark path, you can’t blame the path. You are responsible once you take the first step.”

 

Today I am responsible for the path I choose.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment